Reasons for Data Collection
The processing of your personal data (ie any information that could potentially identify you through reasonable means; hereinafter: 'Personal Data') is necessary for the fulfillment of our contractual obligations we have entered into to you and for the provision of of our information to you, to protect our legitimate interests and to comply with our financial and legal obligations.
This means that we in any case:
- processing of your personal data is limited to only those data that are minimally necessary for the purposes for which they are processed.ask for your explicit consent if we need it for the processing of your personal data.
- have taken appropriate technical and / or organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data.
- do not pass on personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for the execution of the purposes for which they were provided.
- are aware of your rights regarding your personal data, want to point this out to you and respect them.
What kind of data do we collect?
We collect two types of data and information from Users.
The first type of information is unidentified and non-identifiable information relating to one or more User (s), which may be made available or collected through your use of the Site ("Non-Personal Information"). We are not aware of the identity of any User from which Non-Personal Information has been collected. The Non-Personal Information that is collected may include aggregated information about your usage and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. about the browser and operating system your device uses, your language preference , access time, etc.) to improve the functionality of our Site. We may also collect information about your activities on the Site (e.g., the pages you have viewed, your browsing habits, clicks, actions, etc.).
The second type of information is Personal Data. This is individually identifiable information that can identify a person, whether or not through reasonable effort. This type of information includes:
- Device Information: We collect Personal Information from your device. This data may include location data, IP addresses, unique identifiers (eg MAC address and UUID) and other information related to your activities through the site.
- Form Information: When you request information related to our services, we ask you for certain information, such as your full name, company name and email address
How do we receive information about you?
- We receive your personal data from various sources:
- When you voluntarily provide personal data to us in connection with information requests (forms) on our Site;
- When you use or access our Site in connection with your use of our services;
What kind of data do we collect?
We may use the information for the following purposes:
- Communicate with you - to send you information and price quotes about our services, and to provide you with information
- For statistical and analysis purposes, to improve the site.
We may also disclose information if we have a good faith belief that it is useful or reasonably necessary to share this information in order to: (i) comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies (including our Agreement) and investigate possible violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent or address illegal activities or other violations, suspected fraud or security concerns; (iv) establish and exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent the rights, property or safety of us, our users, you or any third party from being harmed; or for (vi) cooperation with law enforcement authorities and / or as we deem it necessary to exercise intellectual property or other rights.
- Ask for confirmation as to whether or not personal data about you is being processed and access to your stored personal data, along with additional information.
- Ask for an overview of the personal data that you have voluntarily provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request us to correct the personal data we hold about you.
- Request us to delete your personal data.
- Object to the processing of personal data by us.
- Request us to limit the processing of your personal data.
- File a complaint with a regulatory body.
However, these rights are not absolute and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and legal requirements. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights or receive further information, please contact our data protection officer ('DPO') using the details below:
Salens Communicatie NV
Attn. Guy Salens
We will retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to provide our services and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies. Retention periods take into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which that information is collected, in view of the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to retrieve outdated, unused information as soon as possible to destroy.
We maintain records of customer personal information, account opening documents, communications and other matters as required by laws and regulations. We can correct, supplement or delete incomplete or inaccurate information at any time and in our sole discretion.
The Site uses the following types of cookies:
- a. 'session cookies' that are only temporarily stored during an Internet session, so that you can use the system normally. These cookies are deleted from your device when the browser is closed;
- b. "persistent cookies" that are read only by the Site, stored on your computer for a specified period of time and are not deleted when the browser is closed. These cookies are used when repeat visits require us to know who you are so that, for example, we can save your preferences for the next time you log in;
- c. "third-party cookies" that are set by other online services that provide content to a page you are viewing, for example, by third-party data analysis companies that monitor and analyze our web access.
Cookies do not contain information that identifies your personal identity, but the Personal Data that we store about you may be linked by us to the information stored in and obtained by cookies. You can delete the cookies by following the instructions in your device preferences, but if you choose to disable cookies, some features on our site may not work properly and your experience online may be limited.
Collection of information by third parties
We may provide the information you provide to us to third parties if this is necessary for the purposes described above. We never pass on personal data to other parties with whom we have not concluded a processor agreement. We will of course make the necessary arrangements with these parties (processors) to guarantee the security of your personal data. Furthermore, we will not provide the information you provide to other parties, unless this is legally required and permitted. An example of this is that the police request (personal) data from us in the context of an investigation. In such a case, we must cooperate and are therefore obliged to provide this information. We can also share personal data with third parties if you give us written permission for this.
How do we protect your data?
Transfer of data outside the EEA
Note: some recipients of data are located outside the EEA. In such cases, we will only share your data with countries that have been approved by the European Commission as countries that provide data protection at an adequate level or we enter into a legal agreement to guarantee data protection at an adequate level.
We may use your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc., ourselves or with the help of our third-party subcontractors to provide you with promotional materials regarding our services that we believe may be of interest to you.
Out of respect for your right to privacy, we offer you the option within these promotional materials to indicate that you no longer wish to receive promotional offers from us in the future. If you unsubscribe, we will remove your email address or telephone number from our advertising list. Please note that even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional emails, we may send you other important email messages for which we do not offer you the option to unsubscribe. This may include customer service messages or administrative communications.
We understand the importance of protecting children's privacy, especially online. The Site is not intended for or directed to children. Under no circumstances will we allow the use of our services by minors without prior consent from a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. If a parent or guardian discovers that his or her child has provided Personal Data to us without permission, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact usIf you have any general questions about the Site or the information we collect about you and how we use it, please contact us at Salens Communicatie NV, Veldloopstraat 8, 2531 Vremde, Belgium, email@example.com
Last modified July 27th, 2022